News and events
Green fees are 25% off until we return to permanent greens (note: we are open on 9 temporary greens).
Plus take advantage of our June Golf Specials including:
- June special: 18 holes, power cart, range balls and a steak sandwich ($49 Mon-Thu, $59 Fri-Sun)
- Nine & Dine: 9 holes, power cart, range balls and steak sandwich or chicken dinner ($39 - anyday after 5 p.m. - reserved booking)
Reserve your tee time today! 780-467-7373
2013 Greens Replacement Strategy - UPDATE 8 (June 14)
What’s happening this week?
Week of June 18-21(weather permitting)
- Hole #11 was the last green to be sodded, and it was completed June 7. The sod for Hole #11 was originally delayed due to rain at the sod farm in Calgary.
- All newly sodded greens were cut and pin tyne aerated last Friday to improve rooting of the sod.
- With the rain, greens were hand cut 2x this week and height was reduced to .180 today.
- Greens are being fertilized weekly to improve the density of the turf. They were fertilized today.
- We continue to work with Jim Ross from the Prairie Turfgrass Research Centre. Jim visits us each week to access and discuss the next week’s program and expected results.
Please note: The opening date is yet to be to determined and hinges on considering recommendations made by Jim Ross. Opening criteria focuses on the health of the greens, quality of play and the ability to accept traffic.
When will the next update be?
- All greens have been in place for 2 weeks (with exception of #11).
- The results of the first two weeks are very encouraging.
- Winter kill areas surrounding the greens will be replaced with bluegrass early in the week.
- The greens will be hand-cut 3x a week (dependent on weather and firmness)
- Plug-aeration and topdressing will occur, which improves turf health and playability
We will continue to update you each week on the status of the replacement program.
As part of our commitment to keeping you informed throughout the recovery process, we have set-up a section on Course Conditions that includes a record of the recent updates as well as answers to FAQs.
2013 Inventory arriving daily!
Outstanding apparel and merchandise specials. Titleist ProV1 Golf Ball Special! New arrivals Travis Mathew Polos, shirts and pants. Plus Greg Norman Polos, OGIO Golf Bags/Luggage and Sun Mountain Carts.
Follow us for tee times and the latest specials in the ProShop and Clubhouse
Tournament, Banquet and Meeting Package
The Clubhouse at the Broadmoor simply has the best view in Strathcona County. It's the ONLY place for your next banquet, golf tournament, meeting or golf outing. Stop in for lunch and enjoy the view! Book your next golf tournament, meeting or banquet today. Check out all the options.